Pan Seared Pork Chops
- 1 large white onion sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 large pork chops
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate onions for 1 hour or at least 30 minutes (see recipe). In a medium bowl, place sliced onion; drizzle with the vinegar; marinate for 1 hour or for at least 30 minutes.
- At time of cooking, rinse pork chops and pat them dry; season with salt and pepper. Strain the marinated onions and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork chops; cook until golden on the outsides and cooked through on the insides; set aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil until hot. Add marinated onions; lightly season with salt then cook for 8 minutes or until tender.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked eggplant and braised kale. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add baked sweet potatoes. KOSHER: Instead of pork chops, use boneless skinless chicken thighs. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 366 Calories; 28g Fat; 23g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 104mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!