Paleo General Tso’s Chicken
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1- to 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut flour plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup low sodium coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place chicken in a large bowl and pour coconut milk on top; turn several times to fully saturate.
- Place the 1/2 cup of the coconut flour in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; add the chicken pieces, seal bag and shake well to coat.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring constantly, for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, whisk together remaining ingredients (coco-aminos through pepper plus remaining coconut flour) until well combined; bring mixture to a slow boil then reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken in the skillet or wok; stir to combine, then serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over chopped baby bok choy; add steamed baby carrots and steamed snow peas on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 389 Calories; 14g Fat; 35g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 82mg Cholesterol; 1018mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!