Orange Dijon Pork Roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds pork shoulder roast trimmed
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Coat a baking pan with the olive oil; set aside. Cut slits into the roast, each about 1/2-inch apart and 1/2-inch deep.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, rosemary and thyme; stuff this mixture into each slit in the roast. Sprinkle the salt and pepper evenly over the roast and place it in prepared baking pan; bake for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together remaining ingredients (orange marmalade through broth); bring mixture to a boil then cook until thickened; remove from heat.
- After roast has cooked for 1 hour, pour about half of the sauce on top and return it to the oven; bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until cooked through, brushing every 15 minutes with pan juices.
- Allow roast to sit for 10 minutes then slice and serve with remaining sauce on the side. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed russet potatoes and steamed broccoli spears. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties in place of roast and adjust cooking time accordingly. KOSHER: Substitute boneless skinless chicken thighs for pork and adjust cooking time as needed. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, mustard, marmalade, and vinegar are gluten free. Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 237 Calories; 8g Fat; 19g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 55mg Cholesterol; 610mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!