Orange Balsamic Chicken
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together first 6 ingredients (vinegar through salt); blend well.
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag and pour balsamic mixture on top. Seal bag then refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade (reserving marinade) and add to skillet; cook for 3 to 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium and add reserved marinade; whisk for 2 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve sauce over chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised kale and mashed rutabagas (steamed rutabagas mashed with coconut cream, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg to taste). NUTRITION: per serving: 292 Calories; 9g Fat; 39g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 588mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!