Oh Oregano! Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 6 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken for 30 minutes (15 minutes in refrigerator and 15 minutes at room temperature - see recipe).
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; pour mixture over chicken, seal bag and gently massage marinade into chicken.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes then bring to room temperature. Lightly oil the grill grate and cook chicken over indirect heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
- Watch carefully to prevent burning!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Add grilled eggplant and a big salad of mixed baby greens, grape tomatoes, sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add garlic bread sticks. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 237 Calories; 6g Fat; 40g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 347mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!