Mexican Taco Salad with Avocado Dressing
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large avocado pitted and peeled
- 1 large lime juiced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cups roughly chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add ground beef and seasonings (chili powder through ground cumin); cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until ground beef is browned and no longer pink; set aside.
- Prepare dressing: In a blender, place next 6 ingredients (avocado through black pepper); process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, onion and olives. Add ground beef mixture and dressing; toss again to combine well.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot, celery and jicama sticks, cucumber spears and grape tomatoes. NUTRITION: per serving: 452 Calories; 35g Fat; 25g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 227mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 Fat. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!