Mexican Slow Cooked Roast
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and sliced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a large slow cooker, place roast; sprinkle evenly with seasonings (salt through paprika).
- Arrange bell peppers, onion and garlic around the roast. In a small bowl, combine tomato paste and vinegar; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until roast is fork-tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve beef mixture over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 195 Calories; 5g Fat; 26g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 647mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!