Mediterranean Herb and Feta Veggie Bake
- 3 cups thinly sliced eggplant
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups thickly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup diced red potatoes
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 14.5-oz. can crushed tomatoes drained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons Greek seasoning
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Aluminum foil
- Sprinkle eggplant slices with salt; set aside for 30 minutes then rinse and pat dry. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; lightly brown eggplant and zucchini slices on both sides; drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil; add potatoes, return to a boil and cook for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Add more oil to the skillet if necessary; brown blanched potatoes and onion; drain and transfer to a large bowl; add tomatoes, vinegar, garlic, and Greek seasoning; blend well.
- In a large baking dish, make a layer of eggplant and a layer of zucchini then spread the potato mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle the feta evenly over the casserole and cover with foil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until piping hot.
- Allow casserole to sit 10 minutes then serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of baby spinach, sliced red onion and Granny Smith apple, tossed with honey/mustard dressing. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Greek seasoning, tomatoes, and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 121 Calories; 4g Fat; 5g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 11mg Cholesterol; 1176mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!