Marinated Greek Lamb Chops with Zucchini
- 2 large lemons juiced and zested
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large lamb chops
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 4 large zucchini roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together first 6 ingredients (lemon juice and zest through black pepper). Add lamb chops and toss well to cover completely; set aside. Place zucchini in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and toss with the melted coconut oil.
- Place lamb chops in the center of the zucchini; bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until zucchini is tender and lamb chops are cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed petite green peas and steamed rutabagas mashed with a little grass fed butter, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg to taste. NUTRITION: per serving: 496 Calories; 43g Fat; 19g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 106mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 7 1/2 Fat. Points: 14
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!