Lemon Dill Shrimp with Sautéed Carrots and Zucchini
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium vegetable broth
- Melt the butter in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat; add next 6 ingredients (onion through lemon zest).
- Cook, stirring often, for 5 to 7 minutes or until onion is translucent and herbs are fragrant. Add shrimp; cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute then add lemon juice and broth.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque. Serve immediately and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole grain rolls and butter. KOSHER: Instead of shrimp, use boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut to the approximate size of shrimp and adjust cooking time as needed. Use oil instead of butter. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 299 Calories; 12g Fat; 36g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 282mg Cholesterol; 284mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!