Lemon Basil Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate shrimp for 30 minutes (see recipe). If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before use, to prevent burning on the grill.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, place first 7 ingredients (olive oil through basil); shake to combine.
- Add shrimp, seal bag and toss well to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat outdoor or indoor grill to HIGH.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and grill for 2 minutes per side or until pink and opaque.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Wild rice pilaf and a big salad of baby spinach, sliced red onion and apple, tossed with honey/mustard dressing. VEGETARIAN: Use extra-firm tofu instead of shrimp and adjust marinating and cooking times as needed. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut to the approximate size of shrimp. Use additional oil instead of butter. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 200 Calories; 6g Fat; 31g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 234mg Cholesterol; 538mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!