Kale, Sausage and Potato Soup
- 1 pound ground spicy Italian pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups kale chopped, stems removed
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and sliced
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup coconut cream or use unsweetened coconut milk
- In a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, cook the sausage over medium-high heat until cooked through; remove from saucepan and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt the ghee or coconut oil; add onion and garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add pepper, salt and paprika and cook until onions have caramelized. Add kale and cook until wilted. Add sweet potatoes along with cooked sausage and broth.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Add coconut cream and blend well. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 926 Calories; 69g Fat; 41g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 2303mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 12 1/2 Fat. Points: 25
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!