Jalapeno Steak Tacos
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound tomatillos husks removed (or use green or red tomatoes)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper de-seeded and diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds beef skirt steak
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 medium avocado pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Prepare salsa: In a medium saucepan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over low heat.
- Add tomatillos, garlic, jalapeno and onion; saute for 15 minutes or until soft. Transfer mixture to a blender; add chopped cilantro, salt and pepper then puree until smooth; set aside.
- In a medium indoor grill pan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Grill steak for 5 minutes per side then transfer to a cutting board; cut into thin, diagonal slices.
- Fill tortillas with steak slices, prepared salsa, diced avocado and sour cream.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot, celery and jicama sticks, grape tomatoes, cucumber spears and whole black olives. VEGETARIAN: Instead of beef, use 2 (15-ounce) cans drained and rinsed black beans. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. Skip the sour cream. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free tortillas. NUTRITION: Per serving: 453 Calories; 29g Fat; 26g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 187mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 4 Fat. Points: 12.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!