Italian Flounder with Vegetables
- 6 flounder fillets or use another firm-fleshed white fish, 4-oz.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle fillets evenly with seasonings (salt through marjoram) then place them in a lightly-oiled baking dish.
- Top evenly with mushrooms, carrots and zucchini then pour the broth over all. Cover with foil and bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Wild rice pilaf and a big spinach salad. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of fish. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 132 Calories; 2g Fat; 23g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 54mg Cholesterol; 437mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!