Indonesian Pork Chops
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork chops overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients except pork and coconut oil.
- Place chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag and pour marinade over the top; seal the bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove pork from marinade (reserving marinade) and add to the skillet; cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until cooked through; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add marinade to the skillet then reduce heat and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan; cook for 2 minutes then reduce heat to low and simmer for another couple of minutes before serving over pork chops.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash and steamed Brussels sprouts (halved). NUTRITION: per serving: 314 Calories; 14g Fat; 31g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 789mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!