Indian Chicken Meatballs with Spiced Chutney
- 1 large bunch cilantro leaves removed
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced, divided
- 2 pounds ground chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Prepare chutney: In a small food processor, place cilantro leaves, lemon juice, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and 1 clove of garlic. Pulse until a thick paste is formed; set aside.
- In a large bowl, place remaining 2 cloves of garlic, ground chicken, gingerroot and seasonings (chili powder through garam masala) along with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Using your very clean hands, blend thoroughly; form mixture into golf ball sized meatballs. Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add meatballs; cook on all sides for 5 to 6 minutes or until well browned. Serve with chutney.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried sliced zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms and red bell pepper. Add a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 279 Calories; 5g Fat; 53g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 132mg Cholesterol; 238mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!