Herbed Chicken and Veggie Foil Pockets
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced Zucchini
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut 4 large sheets of aluminum foil wrap and place a chicken breast half in the center of each; sprinkle each evenly with garlic, oregano, basil, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Top each with one-fourth of the onion, zucchini, bell pepper and carrots then dot with butter. Fold into packages, sealing well, and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised kale and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Use olive oil instead of butter. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 270 Calories; 8g Fat; 41g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 114mg Cholesterol; 354mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!