Herb Roasted Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 medium onions quartered
- 3 cups diced red potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub chicken with oil then season evenly with salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary and thyme.
- Arrange onions and potatoes on the bottom of a large, lightly-oiled baking dish; top with chicken then pour the broth over all; bake, uncovered, for 35 to 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed medley of baby carrots with broccoli and cauliflower florets. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken and adjust baking time accordingly. Use vegetable broth. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 291 Calories; 3g Fat; 44g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 873mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!