Herb Roasted Chicken Thighs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened, divided
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small bunch parsley chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 to 6 boneless chicken thighs skins on
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of butter, the garlic, parsley and seasonings (oregano through black pepper); blend well.
- Gently lift the skins from the meat on the chicken thighs then place a portion of the butter/herb mixture on each, covering with the skins.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees; remove from pan and set aside.
- Spoon off any excess fat from the roasting pan then place it on the stovetop. Add broth; bring to a boil and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until reduced by half.Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon of butter until combined. Taste for seasoning then serve sauce over chicken.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork).. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Use oil instead of butter. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 258 Calories; 16g Fat; 27g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 117mg Cholesterol; 593mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!