Herb Cream Cheese Flounder
- 4 flounder fillets or use another firm-fleshed white fish, 6-oz.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place fish in a lightly-oiled baking dish and season evenly with salt and pepper; bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine remaining ingredients (cream cheese through soy sauce); pulse several times, until chunky/smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and whisk well until smooth; serve immediately over fish.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a spinach salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mustard and soy sauce are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 210 Calories; 6g Fat; 35g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 94mg Cholesterol; 854mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!