Grilled Tandoori Chicken
- 6 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves butterflied
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup low fat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground coriander or use Garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest plus additional for garnish
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro plus additional for garnish
- olive oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 1 hour (see recipe). Place chicken in a zipper-topped plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 1 hour. Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Lightly oil the grill grate then remove chicken from marinade, shaking off excess and discarding marinade and bag.
- Grill chicken over indirect heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until juices run clear. Watch carefully to prevent burning! To serve, top chicken with a little more lime zest and chopped cilantro, if desired.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Whole wheat couscous and grilled or stir-fried sliced zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken and adjust marinating and cooking times as needed. KOSHER: Use soy yogurt instead of dairy yogurt. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per serving: 219 Calories; 3g Fat; 42g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 101mg Cholesterol; 451mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!