Grilled Chicken with Sweet Pea Guacamole
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper de-seeded and diced
- 1 pound frozen sweet green peas thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small red onion diced
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken for 20 minutes (see recipe).
- Place chicken in a large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat an indoor grill pan over medium-high heat until hot. Grill chicken for 8 to 10 minutes per side or until browned and fork-tender.
- In a blender or food processor, add remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, the lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, peas, cumin and red onion; pulse until smooth.
- Serve chicken with guacamole.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli spears. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time accordingly. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving : 467 Calories; 15g Fat (29.7% calories from fat); 71g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 176mg Cholesterol; 200mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 9 1/2 Lean Meat;1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!