Green Risotto with Pancetta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound spinach stems removed
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1/2 pound pancetta cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine or use chicken broth
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 3/4 cup grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add spinach and mint; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Season with salt and pepper, set aside to cool then transfer to a blender or food processor; puree until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and pancetta; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add rice; saute for 5 minutes then add wine. Stir in broth, one ladle at a time, until each ladleful is absorbed by the rice (this should take about 20 minutes). Gently fold in cheese
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. VEGETARIAN: Skip the pancetta. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. KOSHER: Instead of pancetta, use kosher salami, or skip. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure pancetta, wine and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 497 Calories; 13g Fat; 29g Protein; 58g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 34mg Cholesterol; 1659mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!