Grapefruit Glazed Chicken
- 1/2 grapefruit juiced
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients except chicken and ghee (or coconut oil).
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag and pour grapefruit mixture over the top; seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours. At time of cooking, melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade (reserving marinade) and place in skillet. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear; remove from skillet and keep warm. Add reserved marinade to the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; whisk mixture for a couple minutes then allow it to simmer for about 5 minutes before serving over the chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked acorn squash and steamed green beans. NUTRITION: per serving: 310 Calories; 9g Fat; 40g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 116mg Cholesterol; 614mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!