Ginger Salmon with a Honey Orange Glaze
- 4 skinless salmon fillets 6-oz.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ghee or use coconut oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- Evenly season fillets with 1 teaspoon of the salt, the pepper, and ginger.
- Heat a little ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add salmon and sear for 3 to 5 minutes or until fillets flake easily when tested with a fork; remove from pan and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt the ghee (or coconut oil) over medium heat; whisk in orange juice, honey, and remaining salt; bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve glaze over salmon.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 276 Calories; 9g Fat; 34g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 97mg Cholesterol; 821mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!