Ginger Lemon Halibut
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste as tolerated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 6-oz. fillets halibut or other firm white fish of your choice
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients except fish coconut oil; blend well. Add fillets and saturate all sides with mixture.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add fish and cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until fillets flake easily when tested with a fork; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add remaining coconut oil to the skillet along with lemon juice mixture; blend well. Reduce skillet heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes. Serve sauce over fish.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked acorn squash and steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 215 Calories; 13g Fat (53.1% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 33mg Cholesterol; 57mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!