Garlic Rosemary Pork Chops
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary crushed
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops 6-oz.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese optional
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork chops overnight or for at least 2 hours (see recipe).
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine the olive oil, garlic, and rosemary; shake to combine. Add pork chops, seal bag and shake well to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours. Place contents of bag in a large, deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat (adding more olive oil if needed); cook pork chops for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until nicely browned; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add broth and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add onion and zucchini. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese, if desired. Cover skillet and allow it to sit for 5 minutes for cheese to melt; serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; mash with butter, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs in place of pork; skip the cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 270 Calories; 13g Fat; 33g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 601mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!