Garlic Injected Beef
- 2 pounds beef fillet steak
- 3 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 5 cloves garlic peeled and halved
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate beef overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Rub beef with melted ghee (or coconut oil) then sprinkle with salt, pepper and chopped thyme.
- Make 10 incisions on the top of the fillet and insert half of a garlic clove in each. Place fillet in large zipper-topped plastic bag; seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. At time of cooking, place marinated beef in a roasting pan; scatter the red onion around it. Bake for 20 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and cook for another 20 minutes (or until cooked to your preference).
- Allow fillet to rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes before slicing.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil, salt and pepper till you get a mashed potatoes texture). Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 749 Calories; 62g Fat; 41g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 186mg Cholesterol; 818mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 9 Fat. Points: 20
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!