Garlic Herb Bay Scallops with Wilted Spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen bay scallops rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups baby spinach chopped
- Heat the olive oil and butter together in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add next 5 ingredients (onion through lime zest); cook, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is translucent and dried herbs are fragrant.
- Add the scallops; cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute then turn and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute; remove from skillet and set aside. Add the lemon juice and vegetable broth to the skillet; bring mixture to a boil then stir in spinach; cook until just wilted.
- Return scallops to the skillet and heat through. Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and steamed green beans. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut to the approximate size of scallops and adjust cooking time accordingly. Use additional oil instead of butter. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 292 Calories; 14g Fat; 30g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 72mg Cholesterol; 322mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!