El Paso Slow Cooker Beef Roast
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place beef cubes in a lightly-oiled slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients (tomato sauce through pepper); pour mixture over roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until beef is fork-tender and falling apart. Serve immediately and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese, salt and pepper till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. Use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and mustard are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 402 Calories; 17g Fat; 52g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 193mg Cholesterol; 967mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!