Easy Italian Beef Salad
- 1/2 pound flank steak trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 large red onion thinly sliced, plus 1 tablespoon minced divided
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and sliced
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 16 ounces baby spinach
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Place steak slices in a medium bowl. Add garlic and seasonings (oregano through black pepper), tossing to coat well.
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Add beef strips and brown for 3 to 5 minutes or until cooked to desired level of doneness. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Evenly arrange baby spinach on dinner plates. Top with sliced red onion, tomato, bell pepper and mushrooms. In a small bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, basil and minced red onion.
- Drizzle dressing over spinach/beef/veggie mixture and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve warm focaccia bread on the side (heat very briefly in microwave to keep your kitchen cool). VEGETARIAN: Use sliced portabella mushrooms instead of beef. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 129 Calories; 5g Fat; 12g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 19mg Cholesterol; 250mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!