Easy Indian Shrimp Skewers
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander or use Garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- olive oil
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate shrimp for 30 minutes (see recipe). If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on the grill. Preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine first 9 ingredients (salt through coconut milk). Add shrimp, seal the bag and toss well to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers over indirect heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side or just until shrimp are pink and opaque (do not over-cook!)
- Watch carefully to prevent burning! If desired, transfer marinade to a small saucepan, bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer till reduced by half. Serve over shrimp and enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Grilled or stir-fried sliced zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole wheat couscous. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut to the approximate size of shrimp and adjust cooking time accordingly. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Garam masala is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 202 Calories; 10g Fat; 24g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 644mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!