Easy Grilled Cajun Snapper
- 2 pounds snapper fillets
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked brown rice prepared as per package directions
- Olive oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate snapper fillets for 30 minutes (see recipe).
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- Place fish in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients except rice. Rub mixture into fillets then cover and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare brown rice. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill fillets over indirect heat for 5 to 8 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Watch carefully to prevent burning! Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes. Add steamed green beans tossed with a little butter and toasted slivered almonds. VEGETARIAN: Instead of fish, use thickly sliced portabella mushrooms and marinate for only 10 to 15 minutes. Grill or stir-fry, turning once, until cooked. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato paste is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 276 Calories; 3g Fat; 34g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 56mg Cholesterol; 477mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!