Easy Chicken Verde
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 12-oz. jar salsa verde
- 1/2 cup Pepper Jack cheese shredded
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in a lightly oiled baking dish; top with garlic, onion, bell pepper and salsa verde.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Carefully remove foil, sprinkle evenly with cheese and return bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and chicken juices run clear.
- Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork. Serve a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Skip the cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa verde is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 299 Calories; 7g Fat; 44g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 468mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!