Easy Chicken Cassoulet
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 6 ounces kielbasa sausage chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 30 ounces cannellini beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or use additional chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- In a slow cooker, combine all of the ingredients except parsley; stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is cooked through and stew has thickened. Give it a good stir and top with chopped parsley.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad and some crusty bread with butter. VEGETARIAN: Replace meat with 16 ounces of sliced white button mushrooms and reduce cooking time to 1 to 2 hours. Use vegetable broth. KOSHER: Omit sausage and add more chicken. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure sausage, beans, broth and wine (if using) are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 393 Calories; 10g Fat; 41g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 722mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!