Curried Cauliflower and Chickpeas with Jasmine Rice
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 8 ounces chickpeas drained and rinsed or homemade (garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 4 1/2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook Jasmine rice. Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat.
- Add next 6 ingredients (garlic through black pepper); cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add cauliflower and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add broth, lemon juice and coconut milk. Bring mixture to a soft boil then add chickpeas and onion.
- Reduce skillet heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until veggies are tender-crisp. Stir in spinach just until wilted then remove from heat.
- Serve over hot Jasmine rice and top with chopped cilantro.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed broccoli spears on the side. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure curry powder, chickpeas and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 359 Calories; 12g Fat; 8g Protein; 56g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 471mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!