Curried Cashew Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cashews toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- 1/2 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely sliced green onions only white and light green parts
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat chicken pieces with olive oil then sprinkle them with curry powder, salt and pepper. Place them in a roasting pan; roast for 20 minutes then remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients (cashews through lemon juice). Cut the cooled chicken into cubes and add to the bowl; blend well.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve chicken mixture in large Romaine lettuce leaves. Add sliced cucumber and beefsteak tomatoes on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time accordingly. KOSHER: Use soy yogurt. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per serving: 470 Calories; 22g Fat; 46g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 101mg Cholesterol; 162mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 3 ½ Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!