Crock Cooker Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno de-seeded and chopped
- 2 14.5-oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 1 14-oz. can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add ground beef and onion; cook (breaking up ground beef with a wooden spoon) until onion is cooked and ground beef is browned. Transfer to a crock cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients (garlic through cayenne pepper); stir to combine well.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or until mixture is cooked through and flavors have blended. Serve hot.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.) Add a big green salad on the side. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes and tomato sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: 463 Calories; 32g Fat (60.7% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 818mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!