Crisp, Smoky, Spicy Baked Chicken Strips
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup salsa optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, place first 8 ingredients (garlic through almond flour); shake well to combine. Add chicken strips, seal bag (with plenty of air inside) and shake well to coat.
- Using kitchen tongs, remove coated chicken strips and place in a lightly-oiled baking dish; bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Serve with salsa as a dipping sauce, if desired.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Mexi-Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper, chili powder and chopped fresh cilantro to taste); add a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa (if using) is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 344 Calories; 9g Fat; 54g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 368mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!