Coconut Crusted Chicken
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1/4 cup sugar-free orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine first 7 ingredients (garlic through coconut); shake well to combine. Add chicken, seal bag and shake well to coat.
- Shake off any excess coconut mixture from chicken breast halves then place them in a lightly-oiled baking dish; bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until chicken is crispy and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine marmalade, vinegar and soy sauce. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve sauce on the side and enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Curried Cauli-Rice (prepare Cauli-Rice as per directions in Day 1 and add curry powder and chopped cilantro to taste). Add steamed broccoli spears on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Curried Brown Rice instead of Curried Cauli-Rice (Prepare brown rice according to package directions and toss with curry powder and chopped cilantro to taste). KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar, marmalade and soy sauce is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 291 Calories; 7g Fat; 46g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 399mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!