Chipotle Chicken Stew
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch cilantro chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat until hot. Add onion; cook until translucent and starting to brown. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in honey, chipotle and tomatoes. Add the chicken breast halves and spoon the sauce over the tops; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Check the stew while it’s cooking and add water to the pan if it starts to get too dry.Remove the chicken from the pan and place in a medium bowl; shred with 2 forks then return to the pan and blend well to combine with pan juices.
- Taste for seasoning then add red onion and cilantro.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big green salad and Mexi-Cauli-Rice (see Day 1 directions then add ground cumin, chopped green onions and lime juice to taste). SERVING SUGGESTION: Use brown rice instead of cauliflower to make Mexican rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 308 Calories; 6g Fat; 42g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 186mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!