Chili Sizzlin’ Fish
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 halibut fillets 6-oz.
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- In a small bowl, combine seasonings (chili powder through cumin); sprinkle mixture evenly over both sides of fillets.
- Melt the ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add halibut and cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip Fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with melted ghee or coconut oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder). Add some Zesty Coleslaw (finely shredded cabbage and carrots along with sliced radishes, diced red onion and cucumber, tossed with a whisked-up dressing of cider vinegar, raw honey, extra virgin olive oil, salt pepper and dry mustard). NUTRITION: per serving: 253 Calories; 11g Fat; 36g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 72mg Cholesterol; 571mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!