Chili Crazed Steaks
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small red onion
- 1 chili pepper seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 beef rib-eye steaks 7-oz.
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steaks overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except steaks; blend until smooth.
- Place steaks in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; pour marinade on top. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, remove steaks from marinade. Preheat oven broiler. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over high heat; add steaks and sear for about 45 seconds per side.
- Broil for 10 minutes or until they reach desired level of doneness.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: per serving: 608 Calories; 49g Fat; 35g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 129mg Cholesterol; 583mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 6 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 16
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!