Chicken with a Creamy White Wine Mustard Sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons ghee divided, or use coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt half of the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until juices run clear; remove from skillet.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium and melt remaining ghee (or coconut oil); add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add wine, coconut milk and mustard and whisk thoroughly for about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and simmer mixture for 8 minutes or until reduced and thickened.
- Return chicken to the skillet and turn to coat with sauce; heat through then serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash and steamed green beans. NUTRITION: per serving: 309 Calories; 14g Fat; 40g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 116mg Cholesterol; 208mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!