Chicken Lemon Piccata with Spinach
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers drained and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine garlic, oregano, lemon, and almond flour; add chicken strips, seal bag and shake well to coat.
- Shake off any excess flour mixture from chicken strips and place them in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Add onion then pour broth and lemon juice over the top; bake for 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Serve chicken strips and juices over chopped spinach, top with capers and enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add stir-fried sliced zucchini and white button mushrooms on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and capers are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 291 Calories; 5g Fat; 48g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 197mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!