Cheesy Ham and Green Bean Bake
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 16-oz. package frozen green beans thawed
- 1 pound lean deli ham chopped
- 1/3 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces shredded low fat Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat a baking dish with olive oil. Melt the butter in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery and garlic; cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until translucent and tender-crisp. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and cool to room temperature. Add remaining ingredients; blend well then transfer mixture to prepared baking dish; bake for 35 to 40 minutes* or until golden and bubbling.
- *LEANNE’S NOTE: You can prepare this meal ahead of time and refrigerate it. Then bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add sliced pears drizzled with honey. KOSHER: Use cubed, cooked chicken breast meat in place of ham, substitute soy cheese for the Swiss and soy yogurt for the sour cream. Use additional oil instead of butter. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure deli ham is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 424 Calories; 17g Fat; 50g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 103mg Cholesterol; 1995mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!