Cheesy Chicken Penne Bake
- 1 8-oz. package penne pasta prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 egg beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked and cubed chicken
- 1 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts drained and rinsed, quartered
- 1 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook pasta and chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil a 9- x 13-inch baking pan or dish.
- In a large bowl, combine first 10 ingredients (cooked pasta through cooked chicken); stir well to combine. Stir in Mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses, artichoke hearts, spinach and roasted red peppers; blend well.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan or dish and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top, followed by the paprika. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbling around the edges.
- Allow casserole to sit for 10 minutes, then serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use chopped, cooked non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken. Use vegetable broth. KOSHER: Use additional broth instead of milk. Use soy cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, artichokes, and roasted red peppers are gluten-free. Use gluten-free pasta. NUTRITION: Per serving: 411 Calories; 9g Fat; 40g Protein; 44g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 100mg Cholesterol; 464mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!