Cheesy Chicken Cacciatore
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in a lightly-oiled baking dish; top with onion, bell pepper and mushrooms.
- In a medium bowl, combine next 7 ingredients (garlic through tomato sauce); pour mixture over chicken and veggies then sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and cheese is bubbly and lightly browned. Serve immediately and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and steamed green beans. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: Skip the cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato sauce and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 411 Calories; 16g Fat; 53g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 136mg Cholesterol; 888mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!