Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Casserole
- olive oil
- 1 10-oz. bag frozen chopped broccoli still frozen
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breast chopped, cooked
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup carrots grated
- 1 cup shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a casserole dish with olive oil.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil; add broccoli and watch for the water to return to a boil then strain immediately (or broccoli will become mushy when baked!); set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine next 10 ingredients (chicken through Mozzarella cheese); stir in half and half and broth then transfer mixture to a lightly-oiled casserole dish.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Allow casserole to sit for 10 minutes then serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a bowl of raw baby carrots on the side. KOSHER: Use soy cheese instead of Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses. Use coconut milk instead of half and half. Use parmesan flavored rice sprinkles, or skip. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 411 Calories; 18g Fat; 47g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 120mg Cholesterol; 778mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!