Cheddar Chicken, Squash and Zucchini Casserole
- 1 8-oz. bag frozen sliced yellow squash do not thaw!
- 1 cup sliced Zucchini fresh or frozen
- 2 cups cooked and cubed chicken
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1 1/2 cups shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil; add yellow squash (if you’re using frozen zucchini, boil it with the yellow squash at the same time).
- Watch for the water to return to a boil; add sliced zucchini (if using fresh); strain immediately or veggies will become mushy when baked! In a large bowl, combine chicken, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, yellow squash, zucchini, onion, carrots and cheese. Stir in half and half and sour cream; blend until smooth. Add broth and blend well.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly-oiled baking dish, sprinkle with paprika (if desired) and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Allow casserole to sit for 10 minutes then serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add some whole grain rolls and butter. KOSHER: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and vegetable broth. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 410 Calories; 20g Fat; 43g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 114mg Cholesterol; 688mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 3 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!